Are banana chips baked or fried? In fact, both can, they belong to different production methods. They all have a crispy texture, but the fried banana chips have a more delicate taste, and the dried banana chips have more of the original banana taste. But I personally prefer fried banana chips.
How to make baked banana chips?
①Production process: raw material selection→precooking→cooling→peeling→slicing→drying→packing
- Selection and grading of raw materials: select green bananas without rot and tissue damage.
- Pre-cooking and cooling: Put the raw materials into boiling water, cook for 2-3 minutes, remove and cool quickly to room temperature with cold water.
- Peeling and slicing: Bananas are peeled by hand and then sliced.
- Drying: Dry in a far-infrared oven at a temperature of 65°C, about 8 to 10 hours, until the surface of the fruit pieces does not stick to the hands, and the drying is completed.
- Shaping and packaging: remove the finished products with inconsistent color, shape them into a uniform shape, and then pack them.
How to make fried banana chips?
①Production process: raw material selection → washing, peeling, slicing → blanching → drying → frying → grading and packaging.
- Raw material selection: The bananas used to make banana chips are preferably green bananas, free of diseases and pests, and rotten.
- Wash, peel, and slice: Rinse the bananas in clean water, peel them, and cut them into 0.5-1 cm slices.
- Blanching: Blanch the banana slices in hot water to remove the starch.
- Drying: Put the banana slices in a drying machine and heat up to 80-100°C to dehydrate them. When the moisture content of the banana slices is 16%-18%, the drying process is completed.
- Frying: Put the baked banana slices into oil at 130-150°C and deep-fry until golden brown, and the crispy and fragrant “banana chips” will come out of the pan.
- Graded packaging: graded packaging according to color and size.
No matter what type of banana chips you want to make, we can provide related banana chips making machine, if you are interested, you can contact us.